Monday, September 1, 2008

Here we go again...

Today is packing day. I haven't gotten very far. I hate packing! So far, I have suitcases filled for Alex and Lizzie, and their schedule e-mailed out to all the family members who will be taking care of them while we're gone. We've charged up all the cameras and located the cords so we can download all our pics. I've updated iTunes with lots of new songs and updated my iPod, though we still need to get Zack's updated with every Bon Jovi song ever recorded. We've got all the gifts that have arrived over the last couple weeks (thank you everyone!!!) I know those are going to come in handy when he gets grouchy on us.

Zack is doing pretty well, still. The only way we know it's bothering him is that he keeps asking us how many days until Tuesday. He said today that he was excited about the airplane ride, but not the surgery. That's one more thing than I'm excited about. At least it looks like "Gustav" ended up hitting earlier and less hard than first thought, so hopefully Dallas won't have too much wind and rain tomorrow!

We fly out of Dayton at 6:00 tomorrow, so it'll be a late night by the time we get settled in to the hotel. Pre-ops start at 9 am Wednesday. By lunchtime we should know whether we'll do the full reconstruction again or just the split-skull bone graft. It'll feel good to have that decision behind us.

I better get back to packing while the boys are napping...it hard to do much while they are both awake, and I'm hoping for an early night!

Thank you all for the love and prayers that have gotten us through this summer of anticipation. We'll keep you all posted once we get settled in Dallas.

No comments: